Hey You Guys,
I’m Master Austin. As I write this, I’m sitting at a desk at Martial Arts Family Fitness, a Martial Arts school in Santa Barbara. This is my family’s place and I’m currently learning how to run it. I feel like a white belt all over again.
Anyway, this site was set up recently in response to something my Master / step-father, Grandmaster Dave Wheaton who told me a few weeks back, “Start investing some time into your online presence as a Martial Artist.” Since I’m always quoting what he says on tweets about life/business advice , I thought I should probably listen to him. He’s a good one to listen to. He has modeled to me what it means to be a life-long learner and to never stop growing. He’s done so much not just Martial Artists, but for the entire industry, and I hope to carry on his legacy in everything I do.
Let’s share ideas and help each other improve the lives of others through the Martial Arts.
A little more about me:
- 5th Dan Black Belt in Dynamic Circle Hapkido
- Head Instructor at MAFF
- Public Speaker and Motivator for Youths
- Father of 3 (All Girls!)
- Ex-Professional Photographer, Ex-Web/Graphic Designer
- Bachelors Degree in Global Studies at UCSB
- Associates Degree in Media Arts
- Lifelong Student of all things related to: leadership, marketing, technology, philosophy, theology, self-improvement.